Thursday 3 July 2014

Off piste on day 3

So today I was a renegade master and strayed from the pre-planned weekly menus.  This was thanks to my friend Neil who is a veggie and also a frequent vegan and who is a magician in the kitchen and can whip up all sorts of vegan delights with no needs for instructions.

I looked on in awe as he created this:
A vegan club sandwich with toasted gluten free bread, smoked tofu, radish sprouts, chilli bean pate, avocado and vegan mayo. Incredibly yummy!! In the background is sour cherry juice which is pretty much manna from heaven.

And then for pudding we had Kirsty's yummy nut cookies with banana, maple and pecan coconut frozen dessert. Also extremely delicious!

As for the tea issue Kirsty mentioned yesterday... It's a tough one. I really love my tea, and usually I prefer to drink it about half and half milk:tea. I've tried all sorts of dairy-free alternatives: soy, rice milk, almond milk, coconut milk... But none of them have the density that milk has and they don't do anything to make the tea less bitter.  In the end it's just not worth it (although all of them are nice enough to drink on their own, and pretty good in coffee or smoothies). So that's already one of the biggest changes for me this month as I can easily drink at least 6 cups of decaf tea a day normally.  


1 comment:

  1. Great fun making this sandwich! Love the inventiveness of this vegan/gluten free challenge!

    ReplyDelete