Friday 4 July 2014

Day 4- booze cruise

Well it's Friday night and nothing screams Friday night louder than wine!  Then I remember I'm vegan so I take the kids over to the West End. We visit the transport museum, which I didn't even know had moved from Kelvingrove (can you tell I'm so cultured).  Then on our way back I make a, guilt free, trip to Vallhalla's Goat.  Picked myself up a cheeky couple of vegan wines. We are having this one.





D's not loving it.  He thinks it's too sweet.  Me?  I think it's the best vegan product I've tasted all week!

On the food front, I've had a bit of a cooking break.  Had parsnip soup and gluten free bread c/o the Riverside Museum.  For dinner ate homemade carrot, potato and coriander soup with gluten free oat cakes and home made nut butter (made earlier in the week).  While I'm on about nut butter.  Making your own without a really strong food processor does take some time and is a bit of a faff.  Oh, and remember to roast the nuts.  I forgot and after an hour of processing (and waking my kids) realised my mistake.  I'm surprised my processor still works. Cooking Ella's seeded loaf as i blog and will update on this tomorrow.

My first vegan weekend, here we go, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment