Saturday 19 July 2014

Day 19

Well, halfway through the penultimate weekend. So far it's going ok - partly because I've been busy buzzing around the place but mostly because my fabulous friend Em cooked me a vegan gluten-free feast for my dinner. She raided the free-from aisle in the local Tesco and whipped me up yummy brown rice pasta dish:
With asparagus, baby tomatoes, capers and raisins. That is vegan 'cheese'on the top there. Or as it seems to be called:
'Soya medium'?! Medium what? Or is it going to tell me what I was in a past life?
Either way it was really not a bad replacement for cheese when melted over pasta. Might even try it on a slice of gluten free bread for some not-cheese-on-gluten-free-toast to see how it shapes up. 

Then for pudding Em had sourced a VGF tart (Tesco really coming up with the goods!)
Which was light and lemony with a crumbly base.  Thank you Em :)


No comments:

Post a Comment