Sunday 6 July 2014

Day 6

I have a feeling I'm going to be eating a lot of soup for the rest of the month... .

Kirsty and I had a chat today about how our first week of the experiment has gone.  So far it's certainly been interesting, and challenging! I've enjoyed the experimentation with new ingredients and recipes, but it's been hard work constantly thinking about, planning and preparing food. Taking the spontaneity (and a large element of choice) out of food and drink really seems to have an impact on us both.  Not surprising I guess as food is something that plays a big part in family and social life and is also one of our favourite pastimes... .

For the next week then we've agreed to try to make things a bit easier by swapping out some more time-consuming meals with more straightforward options like soup, and also by buying more ready made things to add to lunches, like gluten-free oatcakes.

In my ongoing tasty beverage quest, today I tried vanilla flavour Rice Dream.  Ugh. Like fake vanilla-y cold strained porridge juice.  Not good!

Today I also made vegan-gluten-free-girl's sweet potato and red pepper soup.  With it I had more of my gluten-free rolls, spread with coconut butter:
The sweet potato makes the soup satisfyingly thick, and the coconut butter is rich and creamy.





No comments:

Post a Comment