Sunday 13 July 2014

Day 13- easy like Sunday morning

We have a tradition in our house, Sunday morning is pancake day.  Crepes cooked in hot butter with fruit and plenty of maple syrup.  No ordinary pancakes today though my good friends!  Today was vegan gluten free pancake day.  So why bother I hear you cry?  Well after our first disaster, I was beginning to wonder myself..  

We used the recipe from Deliciously Ella that involves cooking pancake mix of oats, water, mango, banana, nut butter, blueberries and coconut oil on a hot pan.  It wasn't working for us.  The batter was wet and mushy and flipping them was a risky procedure that neither Kate or myself were willing to do.  Below the result.. 



They tasted nice but far from pancake heaven in terms of texture.  Plus it must have taken us an hour to get to this point!  I decided that the next few batches should be cooked in a hot oven and this definitely improved things in terms of speed of cooking and the finished product.  Not sure i'd repeat the ordeal, although would consider another recipe from GFVG. 

Here are the 'oven baked' batch!!!



For dinner I tried Ella's sundries tomato, aubergine and pine nut pasta.  It was ok.  I've decided that I don't like the skin of aubergines unless it is very finely sliced so I'll be going on this vein from now on.


No comments:

Post a Comment