Tuesday 1 July 2014

Dinner day 1

My dinner on day one:


Roast aubergine with sumac and tahini dressing.  The recipe is from the cookbook 'Honestly Healthy'. I love aubergine so it's a good start, and roasting them in the oven with olive oil and salt and pepper makes them melt-in-the-mouth delicious.  The dressing is made from lemon juice, sumac, tahini, garlic, water and olive oil. I don't know if I've bought the right kind of tahini - the type I have is called 'whole' and is quite bitter. That combined with the tartness of the lemon and sumac is a bit much for me so I added some agave syrup which sweetened things up a bit and it all became rather yummy. 

Managed ok during the day at work today too - rice crackers and carrot,cashew and tofu dip for lunch and mango balls and smoothie for snacking. 





No comments:

Post a Comment