Tuesday 8 July 2014

Day 8

Feeling in a positive frame of vegan gluten free mind today.

Took the kids out to Calderglen park and enjoyed an outdoor picnic.  Did I succumb to the ham rolls and crisps? No sir, not me.  Made myself a lovely salad with homemade hummus and left over spicy potatoes and cauliflower curry (see day 6).  Added a couple of these wee crackers- poppy seed and black onion crisps (substitute flour for buckwheat).  They taste delish and you make enough dough to fill your vegan tummy for a few weeks!





For dinner I adopted a Jamie's recipe, Meatballs alla Norma.  Clearly the meatballs were out and I substituted sweet chilli sauce for actual chillies and maple syrup.  Put together with polenta mixed with a little cashewnut butter.  It may look a little mushy but it tasted good.  I could have left the sauce lumpy but I prefer processing the aubergines to break down the skin.  Love the fact that I squeezed a vegan recipe out of Jamie.  Don't forget that lug of oil...



Ps excited about tomorrow as it's swapsay Wednesday with Kate.  Wonder what tasty treats are in store for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment