Friday 11 July 2014

Day 11

Busy day today and didn't plan very well so had fairly slim pickings thoughout apart from Kirsty's yummy hummus which I had with rice cakes for lunch.

Feeling a lot better in the cold department so going to start getting back into my normal exercise timetable. That's one of the things that I'm particularly interested to monitor over the rest of the month - whether I notice any vegan impact on my energy levels and motivation/ability to exercise.  Had a fantastic hot yoga session this evening, then came home and had left over quinoa patties for tea.

After tea, started preparing dessert for a vegan Saturday night dinner extravaganza happening over at Kirsty's tomorrow.  I'm bringing vegan banoffee pie (yes really).  Here's the vegan 'caramel' I made earlier:
Our friends the old pitted dates make an appearance as usual, plus vanilla extract and coconut milk. I confess I had a sneaky taste, and it is a wee bit caramelly I suppose... But mostly date-y and coconutty though to be honest let's face it.  Will be interested to see how the finished dessert works out tomorrow: watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment