Thursday 31 July 2014

Day 31 - we did it!!

Wow.  We made it.

Lunch today more yummy swapsies and then the mythical vegan gluten-free Pizza Express pizza for my tea:

Feeling kind of mixed about the end of this month.  I've really enjoyed it in many respects - experimenting with food and sharing the highs and lows with Kirsty, and I will miss that. It's made me think a lot about what I actually put into my body, and has opened my eyes to so many different options.  I've been surprised by how full and satisfied VGF food can make me feel, but also how time consuming and sometimes how monotonous it feels to make pretty much all of your food from scratch.  Physically I feel healthier and I'm not really sure quite how to describe it - sort of cleaner or more vigorous or something like that. On the other hand the digestive side effects have been difficult to deal with and I won't be sorry to go back to normality in that respect!

I've been amazed at how little I've missed meat, and really haven't had the cravings for forbidden foods that I expected to have.  I would say the thing that I've missed the most has been milky tea, and I'm sure looking forward to having a cup of that this weekend.

I think quite a few of the recipes I tried out this month will make it into regular rotation, and I will definitely try to cut down the amount of meat and very processed food that I eat.  Also Kirsty and I hope to continue our vegan lunch-sharing... and now need to get on with planning our next challenge!!

Thank you for reading :D

Kate xx


No comments:

Post a Comment